Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Very Elusive St. George Trip!


So, I had an opportunity to go to St. George with some friends in early April. I wanted to go so bad, but circumstances would not permit. I reluctantly said goodbye to that trip and stayed home for the rest of the weekend. I moped with as much intensity as I could muster. I swear it was equivalent to being the only girl who didn't go to her senior prom! Despite all of my doom and gloom there was a glimmer of hope for me. I had another chance to go to St. George the first weekend of May.

Redemption!

My girlfriends and I left on Thursday morning for St. George with just our babies in tow. The older kids were staying home for the weekend and the Daddies were going to meet us in St. George on Friday. It was slated to be a fabulous weekend. Thursday lived up to my expectation. We talked, munched and soaked up the wonderful sun. (Side note: When we left Lehi it was snowing!) So soaking up the sun was a very big deal for me. The kids were being so good. Benjamin was so happy to have me all to himself. He was delighted with all of the attention he was getting. So the sun went down on Thursday, and I was completely satisfied and relaxed. The sun came up on Friday morning and everything began to change. I didn't feel great, Benjamin was starting to show signs of an asthma attack, and my babysitting situation at home was not going exactly as planned. My utopian dream was beginning to fade and fast. Jon and the other Daddies showed up late Friday afternoon. By that time I had a sinking feeling that we would be cutting our trip short. Ok so to make an already long story short...We had to wake Jared and Kelly up at 2 am and ask them if we could use their car to take our sick baby home. Jon had been in St. George for just about 8 hrs at that time and portion of that time was split between work and sleep. He didn't even get to go to dinner with everyone the night he arrived!



So for the second time in two months my relaxing get away to St. George escaped me. Thanks to Kelly I do have some pictures of me enjoying the time I had.

6 comments:

*Kelly* said...

Yea I get to leave the first comment! I can totally understand now why leaving comments are so important! I mean, it's a self esteem thing if you do or don't get comments after a post! Who knew? I am LOVING this blogging world (we knew I would, I don't know why I resisted for so long) and I am spending wayyyy too much time on my computer now! Do you think that's a normal thing in the beginning of blogging? Or is it what I have to look forward to for the rest of my life now? Ha! Hope Benj. is doing even better today, I sure do love that little guy!

Payne Family said...

Mind-
Isn't that the way it always goes when you can't wait for something, and then it goes completely opposite of how you planned! :( But your blog doesn't even begin to explain how scary things were with little Lito. That was a rough weekend and I am so glad that he is okay now. I guess the good part about life is that you always get to try again.....so how bout another weekend getaway?? Anyone? Anyone?
Jen

April said...

I was so sad that you guys had to leave! Poor Benj! I'm really glad that he is doing better now. The next trip HAS to go good! And I never did get to go to Twentyfive Main while I was there to experience the delicious cupcakes...so we'll have to make that a priority next time!

Aubree said...

Don't you hate when things don't go as planned? But those cupcakes look SO good!

Stephen and Effie said...

That is too bad, it is like Wyoming all over again. How is he doing with the asthma thing? I am glad you are not here right now the VOG is bad. I can't wait to see you. Is Benji walking yet?

Sara said...

We definately missed you!! I am also glad Benj is doing better... since I am his girlfriend and all!!! We will do it again... next week anyone? Wes goes out of town for a couple days and I am thinking about it!! We shall see... Anyways I am sure I will see you tonight!