Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Testimony Building Experience...


I spent the weekend in California with Jon and his family.   I wish I could say we were just feeling spontaneous and felt like getting away, but we went for a much different and much more important reason.  

Jon's grandmother better known as, Nanny, was admitted to the hospital for the last time.  She is 85 years old and has lived a full and happy life.  She is the kind of woman, I think we all hope to be.  People are drawn to her vivacious way of living and her sparkling personality.  I have only known Nanny for 10 Years, but in that short amount of time I could see for myself that she was truly a rarity!

I am thankful to Jon's family for letting me be a part of those very special last days with their Nanny.  The love was deep and Heaven felt very near.  I know that the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ offers a special comforting peace for those who have a testimony of Eternal Families.   I am thankful for a Father in Heaven who has a perfect plan and has given us a clear understanding of how to return home to Him. 

We love you Nanny.

7 comments:

Staci said...

Thank you for sharing:) You are a wonderful lady yourself dear!

Laura said...

What an amazing experience. Thank you for sharing. How grateful we are to have the gospel in our lives. It can bring such unexplainable feelings of peace and love during hard times. You are one awesome lady!! Love ya!

Oportos said...

Mind, I'm really glad you were there even though you made me sing, but I'm really glad you did. I will cherish that memory forever! Give Jon a big hug for me!
love y'all Terra

Payne Family said...

Mind-
Sweet post. It really was the perfect ending to the end of a wonderful life. I am glad we had the chance to say our goodbyes. I am just sorry our kids won't ever know Nanny like we did. But I think they feel the same way about Jo-Jo and Wella.

JEn

Anonymous said...

With Love
Kim

Sara said...

So sweet! I wish I could have known her! Isn't it amazing how the hardest times in our lives, can be the most "educational" of whats really important!! Looking back at my grandma's passing... I will always remember how close we really are to the other side! AMAZING! I love you guys and pray you are doing well!! See you on Monday!

Jules said...

Mindy you truely are an amazing person. You make me want to be a better person