Saturday, June 21, 2008

An Evening in Nature

One of the things I love about where we live is the close proximity in which we live to the mountains. For example, we left our house last night about 6pm to have a "Hot Dog Roast" in American Fork Canyon, more specifically Granite Flats Camp Grounds. We had our fun around the camp fire and were home by 9:30!

Now for those of you with small children you can appreciate this brief visit with Nature. We packed a cooler full of goodies, enjoyed the camp fire, let the kids get as grimy as they wanted and were still home in time for baths and bed. It doesn't get much better than that. Can I get an Amen!
I hope to have many more brief visits with nature this summer. If anyone is down for an "EVENING" in the woods please let us know...we love good company!

7 comments:

Jules said...

Where was my phone call dork!! Who is in the mountians night and day? The Pexton's. Don't forget about us next time. Don't you remember all the fun times last year?

Jules said...

You know that I was just giving you a hard time, right?

Oportos said...

I would be there in heart beat! Too bad my hearts beating in Washington while all my nieces and nephews are growing like weeds. Holy Crap Benj is a little man already. love you guys!yryiv

Aubree said...

Your kids are so cute! We live about 80 miles from Tahoe so we can appreciate that as well. We can go about 30 minutes and have a "camp" experience and then head home! Sounds like such a fun night!

Sara said...

AMEN!!! Hey sorry we have been so lame!! We need to get together soon... like thursday! Gottago Adrie is screaming!! Feeding time... again!! Call me !

Sara said...

ok I am back... kiddos are in bed! Thanks for coming to Ava's birthday!! It was fun! Viv is such a princess... weneed to have her over to get use out of that chair!! My diva isn't really into it!

Stephen and Effie said...

I am so happy you actually took pictures of an event. Good job. It looks liek summer has been treating you well. Give me a call and we can catch up