Friday, July 4, 2008

Ode to my Vivy...

Unfortunately, after reviewing my blog and its content, I realized that I don't have nearly enough information on the little girl who owns my heart and soul.

There is a sunny spot in every one of my days...her name is VivyAnn Marie Widdowson. This little girl can lift my spirit on the gloomiest of afternoons and make me smile despite the foulest of moods.

Every morning I am greeted with her sweet voice, "Goot Mowning, Mom. I wake up in my pwincess bed." It is the same line every morning...I have come to look forward to it. We snuggle for awhile until she tells me she is ready for bweakfass. It is hard to have a bad day when it starts like that. :)


She is a perfect mix of sugar and spice.
She is a spunky little thing that can hold her own in the neighborhood.
She manages to use her good manners when we are at our friends homes.
She loves to dance with me to any kind of music.
She loves to play "make believe" with her babies.
She loves candy in all forms.
She loves to follow her big sister anywhere.
She loves to hold hands during family prayer.
She loves to torment her little brother by shutting doors in his face.
She loves "ChocaMilk" (chocolate milk...and actually it's more like an addiction.)

Each of my children have a special place in my heart. It is as if my heart had three special spaces and each space has been uniquely filled with each child and their personality. I am eternally grateful that I had a"Vivy Space". Our spirits are kindred.

15 comments:

Aubree said...

What a cute girl who looks just like you. I love your last paragraph. So true.

Trish said...

She is so darn cute! When I saw her at the park on the 4th in her cute red boots, I honestly thought to myself "that girl is just like her mommy"!

It was so great to see you...although with blogging I feel like I see you more than we actually do!

xoxo

Sara said...

Oh sweet Viv! What a cute tribute!! I am glad her and Ava are such good friends!!

Oportos said...

Oh how they grow! I'd like to think she developed her winning personality from her auntie Terra, except for when she slams doors in Benj's face that's all aunty Jen!
love y'all.
Terra

Payne Family said...

What to the ever!! I would never slam doors on my siblings! Tie their hands behind their backs and stuff them in sleeping bags MAYBE.....but certainly not slam doors. :) Sorry bout the sleeping bag thing Jon, but you were being a PUNK and it had to be done. :) Back to VIVI. We all love the ball of SUNSHINE that she is. She is such a little sweetheart and definitely has a bit of her mother's "spice" and "sassiness". We love you Vivi!

Jen

Ash said...

Mind little Viv is so darling. I love your tribute to her. What a wonderful Mom you are. I love ya Mind. Your such a neat inspiration to me. Let's play sometime.

*Kelly* said...

So, this isn't about vivy, although you know how much Jared and I adore her! I just know that you check your blog more than you check your email and I was wondering if you or John got Jareds email about going boating this Friday? We expect you there! The girls would love it and it'll be a fun beach day! What do you say? Have I pressured you enough yet? ;)

hillarie said...

Cutie pie! We've got to introduce Franny and Viv. And RE-introduce Liv and Mia. Liv keeps begging to take Mia to the Dinosaur Museum.....
Maybe we'll check in with you this week-- this is fair warning!!!:)

Staci said...

Oh, this is too cute!! You know I felt a little jipped when I only got to spend maybe 3 sundays in nursery with her!! She made it soooo fun!! Love this little girl..what a cute post! I hope I get to be the mom of someone like little Viv!

Laura said...

She sounds like her Mama:) What a cutie!

Laura said...

Mind, I just got your "supa dupa long" comment on my blog...THANK YOU!! I totally get the rollercoaster analogy...I think it may be time for me to get in teh front cart...if ya catch what I'm sayin':) You have always been such an amazing example of love and faith to me! You are one outstanding woman!! I love ya! Laur'

Stephen and Effie said...

My Vivy.....Just think what cute kids she could have with either of my boys!!! She really is sweet

Sara said...

Dont get me wrong, I love to read about Vivy over and over again for the past month, but I would love an update!! HA

Payne Family said...

I am with Sara, give us something new:) It is so "un" Mindy like to go this long with out a post!
Jen

hillarie said...

Anyday, Mind.........................
(I guess I shouldn't really talk, huh)