Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The First of Many Firsts!


I am sure if we were to see a satellite photo of the Earth yesterday it would have been bulging at the equator. Or at least bulging right above Traverse Mountain! The parental pride was enormous yesterday!

The first day of kindergarten is magical for both parent and child, but I might venture to say that is even a little more magical for the parents. I mean after all we are the ones who have gone through diapers, all night feedings, toddler bumps and bruises, potty training, leaving them for the first time with someone other than the other parent, etc. We are the ones who have witnessed every moment of their little lives leading up to the very big moment of when they step onto that big yellow bus for the first time! I don't even know what to compare that too.

For 5 years I have anticipated this day and then all of sudden it is here! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry...so I did both! I realize this is the first of many firsts and I look forward to them all. Days like the first day of school are perfect rejuvenators and reminders for parents who sometimes find themselves wondering "What the heck is this parenthood thing?!"

I love my little Mia Bia and am so proud of the way she handles herself in new situations. She is a natural and I hope that her sister and brother watch and learn from her example.

9 comments:

April said...

What a cutie she is! Kindergarten came fast thats for sure. Halli would be jealous, she wants to ride the bus SO bad, but I'm not quite ready yet. By the way, congrats on the race, someday I'll have to try one, but not for awhile. You did awesome, and you'll beat the mark next time for sure!

Payne Family said...

GO MIA! AUNTIE JEN LOVES YOU!! I can't believe she is finally in the big "K". It seems like she should be going into 2nd grade already. She is probably going to be bored she's so smart! But, I think she will love all the socializing. She is good at that. I wish she was at Jordans school so he could "keep and eye" on her:) Can't wait till you have to deal with HER wanting boys to come over...
Jen

Trish said...

Love those first days of school. I agree, I think it may be more exciting for the parent :)

Staci said...

Just another great example of what a great mother you are!! What a sweet post! Yeah!!

April said...

She looks so cute! I remember feeling the same way when Dylan went to Kindergarten. It's a big milestone! She'll have so much fun, especially with her teacher!

Oportos said...

WHAT?! Kindergarten already! Mia slow down you're growing way too fast! Congrats little girl, just remember don't eat the glue no matter how good it smells:) AHH... the good 'ol days.
Love ya auntie Terra:)

Jodie said...

Hi Mindy! Sara informed me today while I was getting my haircut that you've been sick - I mean, really sick. So sick that you didn't get to "enjoy" this first with Mia like you would've liked to. I'm sorry...that really stinks. Congrats on your marathon! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post!

Go Vegas?! Right?

Ash said...

Mind wow what an exciting day. I saw all of you at the bus stop waving by to your sweet little ones. So neat. I went through the same experience with Jaden staring pre-school. I cried the whole time taking him there. But then I realized its a great thing. Kindergarten, crazy. So fun.

Sara said...

I seriously can't believe she is on Kindergarten! CRAZY! What a little sweetie and I love having her in my primary class! You are a lucky mom to have such a smart child!