Friday, October 3, 2008

Ridgeline Run!






I love being a mom! Days like today make it all worth it. I got to help out a little bit at Mia's school fundraiser this morning. They held what they call the "Ridgeline Run". The kids collected pledges from family members and then came to school to run their little hearts out. I loved seeing all of the kids line up at the start line trying desperately to contain their limitless energy. They had music and the school mascot and lots of supportive parents to cheer on the kids! I couldn't help myself I jumped in and jogged a couple of laps with Mia. It was great!

After the festivities I went to Mia's classroom since it was my day for volunteering. Every single time I hear the kids sing and say the Pledge of Allegiance my eyes fill with tears. It is the sweetest thing to hear all of their innocent little voices unite and pledge allegiance to our country and it's values. It is so inspiring and patriotic. I am thankful that I get the opportunity to serve in Mrs. Melzer's class. And I absolutely love being a Mommy.

7 comments:

Oportos said...

I can't believe how much time has gone by. Mia is a totally different girl now. I wish I could see all them grow up:( Isaac can't wait to meet his auntie Mindy!
love you guys Terra

Stephen and Effie said...

i love that Mia is surrounded by boys in all her pictures! you are in the big time now

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. I bet the kids loved it. Call me this week. Gabe and I were just talking that we need to get together. I am always up for a little vacation:) Love and miss you
Kim

Sara said...

Go Mia!! She is such a sweet girl! And I don't think you need to worry about her being surrounded by boys... I think she could take them all! See you in a couple hours! I am trying to blog to keep me from taking a nap... suprised?! HA

Staci said...

Thank you Miss Mindy:) You are always there with sweet words to make people feel amazing!! I just need one of you to keep in my pocket!! Now I can join the mothers out there that blog about there lil ones!

Angie said...

I WISH Laura had a blog. Welcome back to blogging. And I am not just the kind of person that says this & doesn't mean it, but us girls should hang out! I am glad you like my blog, it's a fun outlet for my crazy creative mind.

Long Family said...

Mindy you are a great Mom! It's days like this that make it all worth it!