Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Sensational Six Year Old!

My baby is growing up! 

 
She was born March 13th, 2003 at 1:30 a.m, and from that time forward she has blazed her own trail!  

Without knowing it Mia has helped Jon and I become the kind of parents we want to be.  She keeps us on our toes and challenges our thinking.  In many ways Mia & I are extremely different from one another, but one thing we are exactly alike in is our need to have the last word!  Let's just say it can get interesting between the two of us. :)   Lots to look forward to when we hit TeenageHood!

Here is a list of 10 Things I LoVe about my MiaBia!

1.  She is a deep thinker.

2.  She takes risks, but knows her limits.

3.  She absolutely loves all of her family, immediate and extended.  She is constantly thinking about her Grandparents, Aunties, Uncles and Cousins.  She anticipates their visits more than she does major holidays and her birthday! :)

4.  Mia loves to read!  (Another thing we have in common.)

5.  She takes being a big sister very seriously and she is fantastic at it.

6.  She reveres her Papa Bear.  It is very sweet the way she looks at him.

7.  Mia has amazing Faith in Prayer.

8.  Mia loves to play hard.

9.  She loves to take treats to her friends.

10.  Mia does things according to Mia!

The following pictures are of Mia's Birthday Weekend...done Mia Style!

Friday the 13th turned out to be a great day to turn six.
Mia enjoyed a (before school) breakfast at Kneaders!


She met this little green turtle at Kneaders and could not bare to part with him.

Mia didn't want a traditional Widdowson Birthday Party this year. 
I was a little bummed about this...but tried to be enthusiastic about her choice of party venue.
Nothing like the good ol' bowling alley to celebrate a momentous occasion!

She absolutely loved every minute of it though!
She got an authentic Jack and Jill bowling pin for being the Birthday Girl!

A group of professionals!

(These are just a few pictures of the things we did this weekend.  Please see slideshow if you are dying to see more of the action! )
We had a fantastic time celebrating Mia this weekend!  She brings her entire family immeasurable pleasure!  We love you Meetla Beetla! 

4 comments:

Bobbi Phillips said...

I can't believe you have a 6 year old. Time flies by so fast. Looks like she had an AWESOME B-Day. That's great your mom and sista could come and enjoy. (by the way I LOVED your hair...way cute)

Sara said...

As you know... we love little Mia!! I can't believe she is six!! Even though we have only been apart of her life for about 2 years!! She is such a sweetheart Mindy! U guys are lucky to have her!! I didn't know your sister came too! How fun! I bet Mia LOVED it all!! How is Benj's head! Poor kid! I love that he kept telling you it happened outside! And a big thanks for your comment on my post!! I can't firgure out why u wanted to erase it! U are a great friend and I an so happy to have you!! U are amazing Mindy, thank you!!!

Oportos said...

I'm a dirt BAG! Tell that little girl I love her and miss her tons.
Terra:)

April said...

Happy Birthday Mia! Looks like you guys had so much fun! So, we saw all of your family outside when they were here and I said to Tyler "Look at Mindy's sister." He was like "Oh my gosh! They totally look alike!" How fun! And I love all of the photos of your cute family!